Local organisations and businesses successfully applied and received a small grant in order to become part of the Health Equalities Programme delivering their own health and wellbeing programme / activities / events, from June to August 2022.
The grant funding aim to support residents and communities with enhanced prevention and recovery from COVID-19, especially reaching communities with low vaccine uptake, including young people, digitally-excluded groups, and other vulnerable population. The objective is to improve health awareness and vaccine uptake through a series of innovative health and wellbeing outreach activities, events, and engagement initiatives.
Find one or more activities for you and your family and book your place as soon as possible to avoid disappointments. All the activities/events are free of charge thanks to the RBKC’s Health Equality Programme Fund.
Check all the activities below and contact the organisers to book your place. More activities and events will be announced soon!
The Health Equalities Programme has now ended!
Poetry & Chai
Enjoy an evening of Poetry & Chai, on Friday 5th August at 7pm with Pink Tea Café. Simply enjoy this beautiful magical evening or bring your poetry along to share!
This is a monthly event, an open space for people to come together and engage with each other in deep and meaningful ways.
- Dates: 17th June at 7pm – 15th July at 7pm, 5th August 2022 at 7pm.
- Location: Pink Tea Café, Mercato Mayfair, North Audley Street, London W1K 6ZA
- Bookings//More information: www.muppies.org/poetry-event/ For the event on 5th August 2022 please sign up here
Learn how to craft beautiful arrangements and test your floristry knowledge and skills on Saturday 23rd July from 1am – 5pm.
A workshop filled with design, creative flair and being hands on with an array of lovely flowers.
- Dates: 18th June 2022, 10am – 1pm/ 25th june 2022, 1pm – 5pm, 9th July 1pm – 5pm, 23rd July 1pm – 5pm
- Location: The Flowered Corner, 110 Ladbroke Gr, W10 5NE
- Bookings//More information: email email@example.com or call
Personal training for women only
Free women’s only fitness facility that will be running four weeks of workouts focused on building strength in women only.
They will offer three strength training sessions per week at the FEMALE PERSONAL TRAINER facility. Their sessions will be an hour long and will be focused on building muscle and toning for women only.
- Dates: 17th June – 8th July (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) 1.30pm to 2.30pm – 12 sessions
- Location: 27 Elkstone Road W10 5NT
- Bookings//More information: visit www.femaletrainer.co.uk/sign-up/ (scroll down to find the Health Equalities Programme sessions) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07870698636
Pop-Up Food and Taste School
Seeds for Kids will provide 90-minute free workshops for primary schools to help the children understand taste and flavour and will encourage them to accept new foods while learning and having fun.
Each workshop will include:
- Storytelling and legends of food
- Taste buds’ stories
- Sensory food experiences with tasting games
- Nutritional values, healthy and anti-inflammatory food
- Recipe cooking
- Certificate of attendance
- Taste Explorer Reward chart to play at school
Each workshop can host max 30 children at a time and will be organised with the following schedule on Wednesdays and Fridays:
Fist sessions 9.30am -11.00am
Second session 11.15am-12.45pm
Third session 1pm -2.30pm
- Dates: 15th, 17th, 22nd, 24th, 29th June and 1st July 2022 (Wednesdays & Fridays between 9.30am to 2.30pm)
- Location: 11 Canalside House – 383 Ladbroke Grove, W10 5AA
- Booking//More information: Schools must book via email at email@example.com or calling 07741119011.
Café Fluence is hosting eight hours of Stand-up Comedy over three evenings, beginning on Friday 27th May with two subsequent events during July & August (times tbc).
In addition, they are offering subsidized nutrition (half price Juices & smoothies), over the 12 weeks (Monday to Friday), at time periods yet to be confirmed.
No booking is required as of yet but any enquiries should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 02089620366.
Half price Juice & Smoothie offer from Monday 1st August. Monday to Friday till end of the month.
- Dates: 27th May 2022 at 7:30pm, 1st July 2022 at 7:30pm & 26th August (7pm – Onwards)
- Location: 142 Ladbroke Grove W10 4NE
- Bookings//More information: www.cafefluence.com or email@example.com
Creative hours with children, teachers and parents.
Event 1: 28th June 2022 – We would do a cupcake decoration workshop that will involve some parents and the teachers. We will supply as well free lunches for the school. The event will take place inside the school – La petite Ecole Française and they will not accept anyone from outside school.
Event 2: 04th July 2022 – Adriana’s café and eatery customers will have the opportunity to attend a fun and creative event. Parents and children from local Basset School is invited already too . They will do cake decoration starting from 3pm.
- Dates: 28th June (La petite Ecole Française) at 9:30-11:30 & 8th July 2022, at 3pm (Adriana’s café and eatery)
- Location: Adriana’s café and eatery, 55 St Helens Gardens, W10 6LN
- Booking/More information: contact Adriana by phone on 02086329248 or on their social media platforms Facebook and Instagram @Adrianas.cafe
Digital Dialogues Self Exploration and audience participation
An opportunity for self discovery, improving coping mechanisms and reducing fears.
Part of this programme explores and develops self -expression, digital dialogues including shared experiences. Results are achieved through identifying the issues which cause anxiety, disconnection and affect our mental health and wellbeing.
- Dates: Monday 22nd & Tuesday 23rd August (1:00-5:00PM)
- Location: Amy Garvey House, 30-32 All Saints Road, W11 1HG
- Booking/More information: More details soon online http://www.creativegenies.org/
Skills for Health & Wellbeing in a post-COVID World
A series of events over the summer, offering residents the chance to learn skills to improve their quality of life after the pandemic; and facilitating conversations between attendees so everyone can share their experiences, ask questions, and discover how everyone is coping.
Registrants will learn skills on psychological wellbeing, healthy eating, physical movement, and mindfulness.
- We will be offering a weekly outdoor gentle yoga class for parents & children to improve health and wellbeing, followed by coffee/tea and a group conversation;
- Classes to reduce anxiety and stress for parents and children in a post-covid world;
- Group discussions for exchanging experiences and coping strategies related to health, lockdown, vaccination, anxiety, conditions developed post-covid, and related topics.
Learn to reduce anxiety in a post-COVID environment & share your experiences – This is an Arabic version for RBKC and Westminster residents.
ندعوكم الى ندوة لتروا كيف يمكنكم تقليل القلق بعد كوفيد-١٩ وشاركوا تجاربكم معنا.
تعالوا إلى هذه الندوة ،حيث ستتاح لكم الفرصة لتعلم طرق مختلفة لتقليل التوتر والقلق ، وحيث يمكنكم تبادلالخبرات ، والاستماع إلى ما يمر به الآخرون.
كانت السنتين الماضيتين قاسيتين على معظمنا. لا يزال لدينا الكثير من القلق المتبقي من جو الخوف من الوباء.
ستناقش الندوة استراتيجيات لتقليل القلق والتوتر وسوف يكون بامكان الجميع الحديث عن تجاربهم الشخصية: اهلا وسهلا بكل من يحب المشاركة.
ستنضم الينا ضيفة خاصة ، بيا تيوتويكو ، ممرضة أولى في مستشفى كينجز كوليدج في قسم الأورام. ستشاركخبراتها أثناء فترة انتشار كوفيد وستتبادل النصائح حول كيفية البقاء بصحة جيدة.
وستكون معهما مها امين اخصائية العلاج بالتنويم المغناطيسي التي تساعد الناس في تقليل القلق و التوتروتطوير عادات ايجابية لتتحدث عن موضوع القلق والتوتر والتعامل معهما باللغة العربية.
تقوم بتنظيم هذه الندوة كارولين جي سيلفيستر ، أخصائية العلاج بالتنويم الإيحائي العلاج المعرفي السلوكي التيستقدم مجموعة من الإرشادات سهلة الاتباع حول الحد من القلق وإدارته وتحسين الرفاهية النفسية والإجابة علىأي أسئلة.
سيتم تشجيع الحضور على تبادل خبراتهم مع الوباء (العزلة ، المرض ، الجوع الطويل ، التطعيم). ستكون مناقشةمفتوحة ومنظمة.
هذا الحدث هو جزء من برنامج المساواة الصحية ، الذي يقدمه لك مركز أعمال بورتوبيلو (PBC) بالاشتراك معRoyal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea Borough Council.
استضافة Caroline Silvestre MBPsS Dip RYT
كارولين سيلفستر هي أخصائية علاج تنويم مغناطيسي معرفي سلوكي ومعلمة يوجا مسجلة ، تساعد الناس علىالتفكير بشكل أكثر وضوحًا واعتماد العادات التي تعمل على تحسين الصحة والسعادة وطول العمر.
Classes will be free to attend (RBKC and Westminster residents), but we request RSVP as spaces are limited.
- Dates: 23, 27, 30 July and 6, 13, 20 and 27August 2022, (Check all the different events and the exact dates and times: Meet Up Group page)
- Location: RSA House, 8 John Adam Street, London, WC2N 6EZ
- Booking/More information: Book here
Mindful activities for mind, body and soul
Introduction to mindfulness, mindful movement and mindful poetry by local business InsightMind.
Come and join a class this August
What is it:
Mindfulness teaches us how to develop moment by moment awareness. By being in that moment, through meditation and mindful movement we learn to cope with difficult situations like anxiety and low mood!
Mindfulness also teaches us to develop our senses by being creative, through focused attention on creative writing, art and poetry. Take care of your mental well being through meditation, movement and fun activities!
- Dates: The free workshops will be run through out August on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 2 different venues.
- Location – The Tabernacle W11
- Introduction to Awakening the creative within – Tuesday 2nd August – 11:30-5pm
- 3rd August
- 10th August
- 17th August
All at Tabernacle which include intro to mindfulness in the morning 10:00-12pm and in the afternoon 2-4pm mindful movement. You can book the morning and afternoon separately or together.
- No11 Canalside House
- 4th August
- 11th August
- 18th August
- 25th August
- All at Canalside events will take place at 11:00am -3:30pm mindful poetry. These are all standalone classes but you can book for all if you want as there is a different theme each time.
- Location: Tabernacle 34-35 Powis Square, W11 2AY and No11 Canalside House (PBC Office), 383 Ladbroke Grove W10 5AA
- Booking/More information: Book here or contact Beverley on firstname.lastname@example.org
20 minutes to change your life
Learn more about your mental and physical health with the Kaizen Health assessment.
Easy and convenient, the health assessment will provide you with the health insights you need to improve your health and wellness. You will receive a health report with your results and bespoke exercise and nutrition programmes to get you started.
- Dates: 28 & 29 July 2022, 9am – 5pm Book your 20-minute slot.
- Location: Bay 20 Community Centre, 71 St Marks Rd, W10 6JG
- Booking/More information: to book your slot between 9 am to 5 pm, please email email@example.com. They will follow up with an email invite and sign up instructions.
Health and well being equalities training
Day 1: Health living, excercise and well being
Healthy food cooking, cooking for yourself. What constitutes 30 minutes of exercise per day. Taking your pulse and reducing cholesterol and high blood pressure.
Day 2: Mental health support, what are vaccinations, what are the pros and cons of having the covid vaccine.
Eco-living, family and friends support structures, improving wellbeing, controlling bad habits, smoking, drugs and gambling.
Day 3: Goal setting, improving your health, career and wellbeing bywriting a 12 month and 5 year plan.
Benefits of blood donation, 12 months and 5 year plan.
- Dates: 2nd, 3rd and 4th August 2022, 10am – 3pm
- Location: 45 Crawford Place, W14 4LP, London
- Booking/More information: Book here – 30 spaces availiable – A hot lunch and refreshments will be provided. For any specific dietary requirements email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dance Classes with Dakoda’s Dance Academy
Join in the fun with Dakoda’s Dance Academy and learn some of the latest Dance moves! These classes will cover the foundational training in styles such as Commercial, Street Jazz, Hip Hop, House, Locking & Popping.
Our exceptional DDA classes are designed for children to have fun in a disciplined, structured and positive learning environment, allowing them to find ways to express themselves.
Dance is far more than just technique and steps. We believe dance training teaches many skills needed for a happy successful life, not only physically, but mentally, socially and emotionally.
So whether or not they stay in dance after childhood, their memories and skills will be used and cherished throughout their lives. All our Dance, classes help with co-ordination, concentration, confidence, creativity, musicality, flexibility, strength and stamina.
Classes will start with a warm up before moving into learning dance moves, teaching the students the basics of rhythm & coordination.
Then moving on at a natural pace, adding more technique, students will improve their footwork, grooves, weight transferences, correct posture and musicality.
The booking page can be found below.
- Dates: 16th July and 27th August 2022 (different classes for different ages)
- Location: 22-24 Pont Street, Knightsbridge, SW1X 0AA
- Booking/More information: book here
Mental Health During Covid times
CatherineMHT organises an event for more people to learn more about covid and help them to access the vaccine.
During the event there will be speakers from the CCG (speakers will be announced soon) and about mental health during covid times. There will be many health stalls and an expert panel and food.
Speakers: talk about: covid, long covid, covid vaccines and mental health during covid, service users
Stalls: CCG, Public Health, Change4Life, One You, Sexual Health (SASH), Substance misuse, African Women’s Care, Mental Health worker, CatherineMHT and more
Expert Panel: CCG, service users, mental health worker, Change4Life and more
- Hot food
- Sleep Workshop
- Exercise session
- Dates: 4th August at 10am – 4pm
- Location: Essex Unitarian Church 112 Palace Gardens Terrace W8 4RT
- Booking/More information: Contact Catherine by calling 07809 602 140 or email email@example.com.
Gymbos Fun Fitness Events For Families with young children
This is a FREE event for the families of Kensington and Chelsea, run by the wonderful Gymboree Play & Music Team. It’s suitable for children ages 5 and below.
1.5 hr event
It will include a 45min teacher led session on our beautiful Play Equipment.
We will explore through physical play, song and movement the importance of keeping healthy, eating a balanced diet and our general well being.
Then 30mins free play plus a Video presentation from a Health Care expert on the importance of childhood vaccinations, Covid 19 vaccinations – some experience of their time treating in vaccinated patients.
What to expect from Gymboree Play & Music
Where they are:
Crawling, Walking, Running, or Exploring! Everyone is welcome! Participating in a diverse class of physical, social, and cognitive developmental skills creates a dynamic class, where younger children benefit from watching older children and older children benefit from being leaders. Great for siblings too!
What to expect in class:
More adventures come to life through imaginary play in this multi-age play class. A perfect opportunity for siblings to experience class together, or for children to practice more diverse social skills like leadership and peer modelling.
- Wednesday 3rd August from 2.30pm to 4pm
- Tuesday 9thof August from 12.30pm to 2pm
- Friday 12th of August from 3pm to 4.30pm
- Monday 15thof August from 11.30pm to 1pm
- Location: St Philip’s Church, Earl’s Court Rd, W8 6QH
- Booking/More information: to Book your place email – Kensington@gymbo.co.uk. They will provide confirmation upon booking, this will be required to attend. It’s strictly for pre-school children age 5 and under only – each child must be accompanied with an adult. Only one adult per child. Book in advance max 20 children and 20 adults per event.
“Hospital of the Future” podcasts
Listen to LatestSale.Com weekly podcast episodes from the newly launched “Your Voice is Amplified” podcast. Hear opinion formers discuss vaccine uptake, increased visitors to the Royal Borough Kensington & Chelsea, and the many summer festivities taking place thanks to a successful vaccine rollout.
The three sponsored podcast episodes will feature dynamic business and media personalities from the USA and the UK, but to keep things interesting, they will keep the identity of our speakers anonymous. The sponsored podcast episodes covering the theme “Hospitals of the Future” are divided into three sections: The Science, The Technology, and The Investors. All three factors play a vital role in how vaccines are perceived in both the UK and the USA.
They also touch upon the RBKC as a potential economic centre and powerhouse for Medical Technology start ups and programmes by digging deep into the topic “A World Without Antibiotics: The Race Towards Vaccinations.” They will also explore the impact of wearable technology on vaccine uptake and the role of investors, research centres and Universities such as the Royal borough’s Imperial College in all of this.
Thanks to sponsorship from the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea’s Health Equalities Programme in conjunction with the Portobello Business Centre, you are cordially invited to listen and discover some key facts highlighted in our three insightful podcast episodes. One lucky RBKC resident will also join them at their designated London recording studios to discuss this topic some more. But that’s not all. Get a chance to win exciting prizes by sharing your experience and posting a photo, link or video of their three sponsored events via social media, and don’t forget to add the hashtag #HealthyRBKC.
The three sponsored podcast episodes from our “Hospitals of the Future” theme will take place on the following dates:
- EVENT 1 “A World Without Antibiotics: The Race Towards Vaccinations.” THE SCIENCE- Tuesday 9th August 2022
- EVENT 2 “A World Without Antibiotics: The Race Towards Vaccinations.” THE TECHNOLOGY- Tuesday 16th August 2022
- EVENT 3 “A World Without Antibiotics: The Race Towards Vaccinations.” THE INVESTORS- Tuesday 23rd August 2022
Discover the bonus episodes:
MONDAY 22nd AUGUST 2022
Podcast episodes 1, 2, 3 (Psilocybin)
Podcast episode 4 intro to HEALTH EQUALITIES PROGRAMME (THIS IS A BONUS EPISODE)
Podcast episode 5 HEALTH EQUALITIES PROGRAMME 1:1 focus group Q&A, THE SCIENCE
TUESDAY 23rd AUGUST 2022
Podcast episode 6 HEALTH EQUALITIES PROGRAMME THE SCIENCE FOUR WAY EXTENDED DIALOGUE
(this is the second bonus episode)
Podcast episode 7 HEALTH EQUALITIES PROGRAMME THE TECHNOLOGY
Podcast episode 8 HEALTH EQUALITIES PROGRAMME THE INVESTORS
Mike’s Café “Food for thought”
For Mike’s café health equalities programme event, they aim to provide a comfortable & relaxed environment for people who want discuss their experiences with others in similar situations. There will be people on site to assist people who wish to seek help.
Mike’s café will provide FREE food – soft drinks – Tea / Coffee. The café is an extremely busy and popular café that has been part of the community since 1962. The café currently closes on Mondays & Tuesdays to grant exclusive access to the people involved with the health equalities programme and will be closed to the normal general public customers (except those seeking help).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
- Location: Mike’s Café , 12 Blenheim Crescent , London W11 1NN
Dates: Monday & Tuesday
- 15th August – 16th August – 12:00pm – 3:00pm
- 22nd August – 23rd August – 12:00pm – 3:00pm
Friendly Neighbourhood walk
Common ground are bringing people together for their very first Common Ground Project friendly neighbourhood walk.
Please join common ground this coming Saturday – The meet point will be under the willow trees in Little Scrubs at 10am. Then the walk will begin by taking a circular walk around Big Scrubs. If you’re up for foraging bring a bag for your brambles (and sloe berries if there are any left)!
The walk will be around an hour and a great way to enjoy the local scenery and socialise with people in the community. No special equipment needed but do bring water as it will be hot and don’t forget to tell your friends.
This event is part of the RBKC and Portobello business centre Health Equalities Programme aimed at supporting residents and communities with enhanced prevention and recovery from COVID-19
Find out more here