Activities & Events Summer 2022
Local organisations and businesses succesfully applied and received a small grant in order to become part of the Health Equalities Programme delivering their own health and wellbeing programme / activities / events, from June to August 2022.
The grant funding aim to support residents and communities with enhanced prevention and recovery from COVID-19, especially reaching communities with low vaccine uptake, including young people, digitally-excluded groups, and other vulnerable population.The objective is to improve health awareness and vaccine uptake through a series of innovative health and wellbeing outreach activities, events, and engagement initiatives.
Find one or more activities for you and your family and book your place as soon as possible to avoid disappointments. All the activities/events are free of charge thanks to the RBKC’s Health Equality Programme Fund.
Check all the activities below and contact the organisers to book your place. More activities and events will be announced soon!
Poetry & Chai
Enjoy an evening of Poetry & Chai, on Friday 15th July at 7pm with Pink Tea Café. Simply enjoy this beautiful magical evening or bring your poetry along to share!
This is the second event we are holding following a huge demand after the first in May! Don’t miss out!
- Dates: 17th June at 7pm – 15th July at 7pm – More events and dates will be announced soon
- Location: Pink Tea Café, Mercato Mayfair, North Audley Street, London W1K 6ZA
- Bookings//More information: www.muppies.org/poetry-event/
Learn how to craft beautiful arrangements and test your floristry knowledge and skills on Saturday 25th June from 1am – 5pm
A workshop filled with design, creative flair and being hands on with an array of lovely flowers.
- Dates: 18th June 2022, 10am – 1pm/ 25th june 2022, 1pm – 5pm (More dates will be announced soon)
- Location: The Flowered Corner, 110 Ladbroke Gr, W10 5NE
- Bookings//More information: email email@example.com or call
Personal training for women only
Free women’s only fitness facility that will be running four weeks of workouts focused on building strength in women only.
They will offer three strength training sessions per week at the FEMALE PERSONAL TRAINER facility. Their sessions will be an hour long and will be focused on building muscle and toning for women only.
- Dates: 17th June – 8th July (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) 1.30pm to 2.30pm – 12 sessions
- Location: 27 Elkstone Road W10 5NT
- Bookings//More information: visit www.femaletrainer.co.uk/sign-up/ (scroll down to find the Health Equalities Programme sessions) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07870698636
Pop-Up Food and Taste School
Seeds for Kids will provide 90-minute free workshops for primary schools to help the children understand taste and flavour and will encourage them to accept new foods while learning and having fun.
Each workshop will include:
- Storytelling and legends of food
- Taste buds’ stories
- Sensory food experiences with tasting games
- Nutritional values, healthy and anti-inflammatory food
- Recipe cooking
- Certificate of attendance
- Taste Explorer Reward chart to play at school
Each workshop can host max 30 children at a time and will be organised with the following schedule on Wednesdays and Fridays:
Fist sessions 9.30am -11.00am
Second session 11.15am-12.45pm
Third session 1pm -2.30pm
- Dates: 15th, 17th, 22nd, 24th, 29th June and 1st July 2022 (Wednesdays & Fridays between 9.30am to 2.30pm)
- Location: 11 Canalside House – 383 Ladbroke Grove, W10 5AA
- Booking//More information: Schools must book via email at email@example.com or calling 07741119011.
Café Fluence is hosting eight hours of Stand-up Comedy over three evenings, beginning on Friday 27th May with two subsequent events during July & August (times tbc).
In addition, they are offering subsidized nutrition (half price Juices & smoothies), over the 12 weeks (Monday to Friday), at time periods yet to be confirmed.
No booking is required as of yet but any enquiries should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 02089620366.
- Dates: 27th May 2022, July & August (TBC)
- Location: 142 Ladbroke Grove W10 5NE
- Bookings//More information: www.cafefluence.com or email@example.com
Creative hours with children, teachers and parents.
Event 1: 28th June 2022 – We would do a cupcake decoration workshop that will involve some parents and the teachers. We will supply as well free lunches for the school. The event will take place inside the school – La petite Ecole Française and they will not accept anyone from outside school.
Event 2: 04th July 2022 – Adriana’s café and eatery customers will have the opportunity to attend a fun and creative event. Parents and children from local Basset School is invited already too . They will do cake decoration starting from 3pm.
- Dates: 28th June (La petite Ecole Française) at 9:30-11:30 & 8th July 2022, at 3pm (Adriana’s café and eatery)
- Location: Adriana’s café and eatery, 55 St Helens Gardens, W10 6LN
- Booking/More information: contact Adriana by phone on 02086329248 or on their social media platforms Facebook and Instagram @Adrianas.cafe
Digital Dialogues Self Exploration and audience participation
An opportunity for self discovery, improving coping mechanisms and reducing fears.
Part of this programme explores and develops self -expression, digital dialogues including shared experiences. Results are achieved through identifying the issues which cause anxiety, disconnection and affect our mental health and wellbeing.
- Dates: 8 July 2022, 1pm – 5pm
- Location: Westway Trust, 1 Thorpe Close, London W10 5XL
- Booking/More information: More details soon online http://www.creativegenies.org/
Mindful activities for mind, body and soul
Introduction to mindfulness, mindful movement and mindful poetry by local business InsightMind.
Come and join a class this August
What is it:
Mindfulness teaches us how to develop moment by moment awareness. By being in that moment, through meditation and mindful movement we learn to cope with difficult situations like anxiety and low mood!
Mindfulness also teaches us to develop our senses by being creative, through focused attention on creative writing, art and poetry. Take care of your mental well being through meditation, movement and fun activities!
- Dates: TBC
- Location: Tabernacle and Canalside House.
- Booking/More information: Contact Beverley on firstname.lastname@example.org
20 minutes to change your life
Learn more about your mental and physical health with the Kaizen Health assessment.
Easy and convenient, the health assessment will provide you with the health insights you need to improve your health and wellness. You will receive a health report with your results and bespoke exercise and nutrition programmes to get you started.
- Dates: 26 – 29 July 2022
- Location: TBC
- Booking/More information: to book your place please email email@example.com. They will follow up with an email invite and sign up instructions.
Dance Classes with Dakoda’s Dance Academy
Join in the fun with Dakoda’s Dance Academy and learn some of the latest Dance moves! These classes will cover the foundational training in styles such as Commercial, Street Jazz, Hip Hop,House, Locking & Popping.
Our exceptional DDA classes are designed for children to have fun in a disciplined, structured and positive learning environment, allowing them to find ways to express themselves.
Dance is far more than just technique and steps. We believe dance training teaches many skills needed for a happy successful life, not only physically, but mentally, socially and emotionally.
So whether or not they stay in dance after childhood, their memories and skills will be used and cherished throughout their lives. All our Dance, classes help with co-ordination, concentration, confidence, creativity, musicality, flexibility, strength and stamina.
Classes will start with a warm up before moving into learning dance moves, teaching the students the basics of rhythm & coordination.
Then moving on at a natural pace, adding more technique, students will improve their footwork, grooves, weight transferences, correct posture and musicality.
The booking page can be found below.
- Dates: 16th July and 27th August 2022 (different classes for different ages)
- Location: 22-24 Pont Street, Knightsbridge, SW1X 0AA
- Booking/More information: book here
Mental Health During Covid times
CatherineMHT organises an event for more people to learn more about covid and help them to access the vaccine.
During the event there will be speakers from the CCG (speakers will be announced soon) and about mental health during covid times. There will be many health stalls and an expert panel and food.
Speakers: talk about: covid, long covid, covid vaccines and mental health during covid, service users
Stalls: CCG, Public Health, Change4Life, One You, Sexual Health (SASH), Substance misuse, African Women’s Care, Mental Health worker, CatherineMHT and more
Expert Panel: CCG, service users, mental health worker, Change4Life and more
- Hot food
- Sleep Workshop
- Exercise session
- Dates: 4th August at 10am – 4pm
- Location: Essex Unitarian Church 112 Palace Gardens Terrace W8 4RT
- Booking/More information: Contact Catherine by calling 07809 602 140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social media and online platforms
(This is not an activity) Thanks to Common Ground more people will be inform about Covid situation and vaccination as they design a micro-messaging campaign via Social Media.
Learn more about them here
#HealthyRBKC contest: Share your experience on Social Media
Don’t forget to share your experience on Social Media using the hashtag #HeathlyRBKC and participate in our contest for great prizes:
- 1h massage (The Therapy Room)
- 2 hours spa ticket for 2 people and free day passes for the centre (Kensington Leisure Centre)
- Healthy drinks (Innocent)
- More prizes will be announced soon…
The random draw will take place on 6th September at PBC offices and winners will be contacted by private message on Social Media (the channel that they will have used to upload their image/video).