This February course is open to existing businesses only.
Tuesday 16th February 2021
9:30am – 10am : Get-to-know-each-other meeting (for attendees)
10am – 12pm: Work out your goals – R.A Williams
· What do you want to achieve?
· What do you need to do to achieve your goals?
· What is your strategy – is it idiot-proof ?
· What would it look like if your goals fit in with your customers’ goals?
Wednesday 17th February 2021
10am – 12pm: Managing resistance to change – R.A Williams
· What is stopping you from achieving your goals?
· Tips to change your mindset and enjoy the possibilities and potential of working in a disruptive market place
2pm – 4pm: Financial Management – Elsa Caleb
· Budgeting & financial management
· Exploring the grants and loans available for business expansion (Guest speaker?)
Thursday 18th February 2021
10am – 12pm: Working in a disruptive market place – Carole Pyke
· Research – new competitors in the market place, gaps in the market
· Changes in customers’ buying patterns, needs, wants
· Recognising your own and your business’s strengths, weakness, opportunities, and threats
2pm – 4pm: Benefits of collaborative working – Carole Pyke
Tuesday 23rd February 2021
10am – 12pm: Refresh and energise your communication, imagery and visuals – Jilly Clark
· Review your imagery and communication style; does it still connect with your customers?
· Pros and cons of new ways of communicating with your customers, online and offline
2pm – 4pm: Digital media strategy – David Taylor
· Shift to digital media, changing consumer preferences, disruption caused in the industry due to technical advancement, rising incomes, the millennial generation’s need for instant gratification, worldwide exposure / demand call for not just a marketing strategy, but a digital strategy
Wednesday 24th February 2021
10am – 12pm: SEO – Mike Loomey
· Tips to make your website rank on the first page of Google (Search Engine Optimisation)
2pm – 4pm: Improve your website – Emma Pearce
· Tips on customer journey, CTA, content (including landing pages as part of a digital marketing campaign)
· An introduction to Google Analytics and the key information you should review for your website
· Google My Business – what is it, why is it important for SEO, and how do I set it up for my business?
Thursday 25th February 2021
10am – 12pm: Free online tools to promote your business – Emma Pearce
· Mailchimp for email marketing
· Video editing apps for social posts
· Eventbrite for events
· Canva for super simple graphic design
12pm – 12:30pm: Networking & feedback meeting
To register, please complete the online registration form by clicking the button below:
Due to demand, places will be offered on a strict first-come, first-served basis. Whilst we do our best to accommodate all interested residents, a response from you does not guarantee that a place is confirmed.