Setting-up Your Social Business
This course is part of the Develop and Grow Your Social Business Project
In partnership with Kensington & Chelsea Social Council, Portobello Business Centre will provide specialist training which helps residents and fledgling organisations to identify the different types of legal structures available to them, such as setting-up as a self-employed person working in partnership with other services, or creating a charity or CIC themselves.
The course is open to any resident / organisation based in Kensington and Chelsea; however, priority will be given to those who have applied to and/or have been awarded Grenfell Projects Funding or Community Leadership Programme funding.
Please ensure you attend all sessions below to make the most of this online workshop.
Agenda and topics:
Wednesday 3rd February – 9:30am – 11.30am and 2pm – 3.30pm
- 9:30 am – 10:00am: Get-to-know-each-other meeting (1/2 hour)
- 10am – 11:30am and 2pm to 3:30pm: “Marketing: how to get your offer out to the community / customers” – Carole Pyke
Thursday 4th February – 9am – 10.30am and 2pm – 3.30pm
- “Legal structures of a CIC/Charity/Self-employed/Ltd company. What is right for you and your idea” – James Watkins
Friday 5th February, 10am – 11:30am and 2pm – 3:30pm
- “Branding: getting your brand to fit your organisations personality” – Jilly Clark
Monday 8th February, 10am – 11.30am and 2pm – 3.30pm
- “Pricing and the importance of a cashflow and profit & loss account” – Laurie Bernard
Tuesday 9th February, 10am – 12pm and 2pm – 4.30pm
- 10am – 12pm and 2pm – 4pm: “Presentation skills – being able present your story to potential funders/partners/collaborators” – Carole Pyke
- 4pm – 4:30pm: Networking meeting ( 1/2 hour)
To register please complete the online registration form by clicking the button below:
Once you submit your form, the PBC team will send you all the details on how to join the webinars.
You can also book your one-to-one appointment with one of our business advisors. Just call our PBC receptionist Sandra on 020 7460 5050.
Please visit this Project’s page on our website for the full details and see the list below for each speaker’s area of expertise:
- James Watkins: Business Advisor and Economic Development Specialist
- Carole Pyke: Marketing Expert
- Jilly Clark: Branding and Design Expert
- Maria Stammers: Business Advisor and Finance Expert
- Laurie Bernard: Business Advisor and Finance Expert