RBKC News, 11.05.2021.
Enhanced COVID-19 testing in Colville and Pembridge wards, W11 for businesses and residents.
Following several cases of the South African variant of Coronavirus being identified by Public Health England (PHE) in parts of W11, around Portobello Road, in the Colville ward and parts of Pembridge ward, Find out here where in W11 we’re carrying out enhanced testing working closely with PHE. Mobile testing units will be based at:
- Tavistock Square, junction of Portobello Road (Monday 10 May, 9am to 4.30pm, Tuesday 11 May onwards, 8.30am to 4.30pm)
- All Saints Church, between Powis Square and Clydesdale Road (Monday 10 May, 9am to 4.30pm, Tuesday 11 May onwards, 8.30am to 4.30pm)
- You can also go to the testing site at 2-4 Malton Road (8am to 8pm).
- You can also collect a home testing kit from Kensington Leisure Centre, Silchester Road which is open: Monday and Wednesday between 8am and 4.30pm. Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday between 10am and 4pm
- More information on registering your home testing kit can be found on GOV.UK.
Tomorrow. RBKC. Business Opportunities for the Local Construction Industry in Kensington and Chelsea. Date: 12th May 2021; Time: 9.30am-12.30pm. Brings together buyers committed to procuring more locally and suppliers needing to know what the opportunities are and how to access them. Register here: Business Opportunities in Kensington and Chelsea Tickets, Wed 12 May 2021 at 09:30 | Eventbrite
RBKC Summer of Love. We wanted to share with you that the Council will be launching its ‘Kensington and Chelsea Summer of Love’ campaign this summer, and we would love to have you involved. Webpage coming soon!
We are aiming to kick-off the SoL campaign from the 21 June 2021, or when the majority of Covid-19 restrictions have eased, and hope to run it right through until September.
We’d love RBKC Enterprise Exchange partners be a part of this fantastic campaign! We want to know about any large-scale events and/or activities that you’ll be running during the campaign period for inclusion in our timetable of events.
Please share your events for inclusion, contact us by Monday 10 May 2021. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or myself. We look forward to hearing from you!
The SoL theme is 70s flower power inspired and will pack plenty of colour into our campaign materials. As the campaign launches, we’ll be providing plenty of imagery and content for businesses to use to help promote the campaign
Activities already part of the Summer of Love will be: Kensington + Chelsea Festival, RBKC Libraries Creative Collective, Notting Hill Carnival, RHS Chelsea Flower Show, Kensington Town Hall screenings, Going Wild in Exhibition Road – Green Installation Summer 2021, Opera in Holland Park, Royal Horticultural Society 21 Aug – 1 Oct, Chelsea History Festival.
RBKC. New One-Off Project Grant Available for Creative and Cultural Activities. £45,000 is available and will be distributed through grant applications of up to of £15,000. Email email@example.com for further information. Deadline Tuesday 25 May 2021. Arts Grants Scheme | Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea (rbkc.gov.uk)
Launch of Zinc Venture Builder for Social Impact Entrepreneurs. The programme is designed to be mission-led for pre-team and pre-idea individuals. Financial support will be provided in the form of a stipend. Deadline Friday 25 June 2021. Venture Builder — ZINC
The draft Kensal Canalside SPD and background documents are now out for public consultation See https://planningconsult.rbkc.gov.uk/KensalSPD/consultationHome. 10,000 sqm of office space and 2,000 new jobs. Comment by 11:59pm on 24th May 2021.
RBKC Covid-19 Grant information is on this page on our website Covid19 support for businesses. Restart grants for reopened retail, leisure and hospitality businesses – applications close Wednesday 30 June at 5pm.
RBKC Pavement licences via the Council website. Also RBKC Hospitality business helpline is 020 7361 2161 – Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm for help with matters directly related to re-opening and Covid-19.
The Sun’s Kitchen Table Grants Scheme. 25 x £5,000 grants for existing microbusinesses and 25 x £5,000 grants for to set up a brand new business. Deadline May 22. A panel of experts will choose the winners and grants will be allocated in June and July. See the full terms and conditions.
Tesco Community Grants Open for Applications. Funding for local not-for-profit groups such as social enterprises. Tesco Community Grants
- RBKC’s e-newsletter. Get alerts to latest support including grants, subscribe to Business Matters here. Also follow us on Twitter.
- RBKC One Place for Business. Links you to all the business information pages on our website, including Covid19 support for businesses
- RBKC Portobello Business Centre. Provides one to one support for RBKC resident-entrepreneurs and businesses. www.pbc.co.uk for webchat. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: +44 (0)20 7460 5050. Also on Twitter
- London Business Hub. Advice for London based businesses. www.businesshub.london with an EU Post-Transition Business Resource Hub. Also on Twitter
- Greater London Authority. Crowdfund for your small business with Pay it Forward
- UK Government Business Support. Enquiries@businesssupporthelplline.org. Tel: 0800 998 1098. https://www.gov.uk/business-support-helpline . Also on Twitter.
- UK Government Financial Support. Use the checker tool to find out what coronavirus financial support is available for you or see a list of financial support measures for businesses. The Recovery Loan Scheme loans varying in size from £25,000, up to a maximum of £10 million.
- Business Representative Organisations and Trade Associations. Providing coronavirus-related support for specific sectors e.g. Arts, Architecture, Aviation and many more. See list here.