RBKC News, 17.03.3021.
Grants to Businesses – last chance to apply
The government has released updated guidance for businesses, with the deadlines included, mostly for the end of the month. We reminded business owners about the upcoming deadline to apply for Covid-19 business support grants via Twitter.
- RBKC’s e-newsletter with information for businesses including grants will alert you to latest support, subscribe to Business Matters here. Also follow us on Twitter.
- RBKC One Place for Business will link you to all the business information pages on our website, including Covid19 support for businesses
From London and Partners. Future of digital shopping event: 18 March at 4:30
Event on how the use of tech shapes the way we shop and how businesses maximise opportunities, with Snapchat, Farfetch and Checkout.com. Book here.
From NHS. Event on COVID testing in Businesses this Friday 19 March 10.00am
Any business which has employees who cannot work from home can now register to receive lateral flow tests for staff. Businesses need to register for this by 31st March, even if they are not going to use tests immediately (in other words those businesses which are not open yet but will reopen soon can register). Ben Stimson, Chief Customer Officer – NHS Test & Trace will speak at the Webinar and it will be chaired by Rajesh Agrawal, Deputy Mayor for Business. Link to register COVID Business Testing Options Tickets, Fri 19 Mar 2021 at 10:00 | Eventbrite
RBKC Covid-19 testing businesses and workers
Visit one of three sites in RBKC to get a rapid community test in – information here. For National workplace testing for companies with over 50 employees, go here to register to order tests if your employees cannot work from home.
Census 21 March 2021
Population estimates influence around £6.5 billion grant funding received by London Government. By taking you’ll help the community get the services needed. www.census.gov.uk.Follow the census @Census2021
Further round of RBKC NCIL funding
The second Call for NCIL Projects is now open. Deadline 11:59pm on 8 April 2021. Community organisations such as Business Forums may apply for NCIL funding. The application form and accompanying guidance note is available on the Planning Policy Consultation page. The Call for NCIL Project funding will be open twice a year from 2021.
RBKC Hospitality business helpline
Supporting businesses providing al fresco dining space once they reopen from 12 April. Twitter. We have a dedicated hospitality business helpline for specific Covid-19 queries, such as re-opening, on 020 7361 2161 – Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm. This line is purely for matters directly related to Covid-19. For standard service queries find other advice and guidance here
From UK Government. Commercial Evictions
This week the government confirmed the ban on commercial evictions extended to 30 June to ensure businesses are supported as they re-open. This is in addition to six-month notice periods and bailiff enforced eviction ban extended to 31 May for residential tenants.
From the Workary. Workspaces from £3 per day
Live and work, safely, closer to home, less commute, more community. News and updates here. All sites safely re-opening over the next 2 months
The Princes Trust. Enterprise. 18-30 year olds
Enterprise provides business know-how and confidence to grow from budding entrepreneur into successful business owner. A free online programme from The Prince’s Trust has just been launched offers easy-access learning workshops, 1-2-1 support and the opportunity to secure funding for your business.
Offers up to £2,000 support to help small businesses adjust to new customs procedures. Eligibility: Up to 500 employees, and no more than £100 million annual turnover, SMEs who trade only with the EU, and are therefore new to importing and exporting processes. For guidance click here.
From FSB How to respond to a cyber security incident
FSB Cyber Protection share their do’s and don’ts for your cyber incident response plans. Information here.
RBKC Community Safety Survey
A request to local business owners to complete the survey. This survey is an opportunity to tell us how resources from agencies across a range of statutory services, including Police, Council, The National Probation Service, and Health services – should be used to make the borough a safer place to live, work and learn. Click here: https://consult.rbkc.gov.uk/communities/community-safety-survey/
HSBC £15 Billion Loan fund
SMEs in the UK, whether they are a start-up or established business, focused either on the domestic market or looking to trade internationally, may apply. Applicants do not need to be an HSBC customer to qualify. Information here.
Brompton Road, Knightsbridge – Iconic Red Phone Box to rent on a daily basis
Being advertised on the ‘Appear Here’ platform which provides a space for landlords to provide commercial premises for pop-up lettings. Showcase your product from this iconic red phone box, with shelving, and a small amount of storage, and a surrounding outdoor space for use as a potential terrace. Information here. Note that this is actually on the Westminster side of Knightsbridge. Here is the link to their street trading team if your clients/members have questions: https://www.westminster.gov.uk/licensing/markets-and-street-trading
- RBKC’s e-newsletter. Get alerts to latest support including grants, subscribe to Business Matters here. Also follow us on Twitter.
- RBKC One Place for Business. Links you to all the business information pages on our website, including Covid19 support for businesses
- RBKC Portobello Business Centre. Provides one to one support for RBKC resident-entrepreneurs and businesses. www.pbc.co.uk for webchat. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: +44 (0)20 7460 5050. Also on Twitter
- Business Representative Organisations and Trade Associations. Providing coronavirus-related support for specific sectors e.g. Arts, Architecture, Aviation and many more. See list here.
- London Business Hub. Advice for London based businesses. www.businesshub.london with an EU Post-Transition Business Resource Hub. Also on Twitter
- London Business Hub. Guidance for business on testing and supporting the vaccination programme
- Greater London Authority. Latest lockdown guidance
- Greater London Authority. Crowdfund for your small business with Pay it Forward
- UK Government Business Support. Enquiries@businesssupporthelplline.org. Tel: 0800 998 1098. https://www.gov.uk/business-support-helpline . Also on Twitter.
- UK Government Business Support. Use the checker tool to find out what coronavirus financial support is available for you or see a list of financial support measures for businesses.