RBKC News, 28.07.2021
Do you have a function room in the borough?
Please contact email@example.com. RBKC is looking for a function room in mid to late August to comfortably seat around 30-50 people for a chess themed event we are working on with a Chess Grandmaster! We’ll need a ‘stage area’ with space for a projector/ screen that we can hook up to an iPad, plus space for tables and people to move around them in a socially distance way to access entrance/ exit and bathroom / bar etc. This first event will be 2 events in one day morning and afternoon. For around 90 minutes each. We’ll be doing a full PR push so the venue we collaborate with will of course benefit from the footfall / publicity associated with the event.
From RBKC – Summer of Love
If your business is running a special event or promotion over the summer please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can add it to our timetable. Check out what is already on Summer of Love virtual timetable which is jam-packed with activities.
From RBKC – flood guidance
Don’t forget that the RBKC website has been updated and businesses can be directed here for all flood-related guidance: https://www.rbkc.gov.uk/newsroom/help-and-support-flooding-damage. This includes information on our regular support services that can help such verification of unfit food for insurance claims and other advice around insurance and waste clearance, plus our longer term support that can be found through the Portobello Business Centre.
From RBKC – apprenticeship guidance
Please find attached an apprenticeship guidance for employers. It is an overview of apprenticeship and what support RBKC can offer. It might be useful if an employer shows an interest in finding out more regarding apprenticeships. For more information contact Susan.Pieterse@rbkc.gov.uk Apprenticeship Coordinator
From RBKC – Set up a Summer market stall as a young entrepreneur
The New Youthquake 2021 initiative is back for another year to give traders under 30 the chance to showcase their talent at Portobello and Golborne Road Market from as little as £10. There will be 18 stalls up for grabs being made available over the summer including 6-8 August 2021. Email email@example.com to register.
From Stride: Final round of Talent Development grant fund is launched
For tech and creative firms to apply for a grant to support them through the provision of apprenticeships and training and employment opportunities. Deadline: 5 August at 5pm. Find out more and apply today.
From Fiserv: Grant award of £10,000
£10,000 to small businesses with ethnically diverse ownership that have been impacted by COVID-19 lockdown restrictions. The aim of the programme is to help stabilise and grow businesses, through a mixture of consulting services and financial support. Deadline: 31 Dec at 12:00 am (EST), apply today.
From ReLondon. Build Back London.
Build Back Better advice programme. Intake is on a rolling basis between now and October. ReLondon are planning free workshops for SMEs to introduce the ideas behind a circular economy, you may want to get them in for a chat with your forums.
From London Business Hub Event Calendar
Property Advice Service, 3 August, 10.30am – 12.30pm. We will help you to fully understand the costs associated with renting a property and understand leases, rent negotiation & business rates. Apply now
Branding for SMEs, 12 August, 10.00am – 4.30pm. Learn how to get your business noticed by creating a strong brand identity in the marketplace from the beginning. Apply now
From FSB Event Calendar
Post-pandemic opportunities for small businesses | FSB, The Federation of Small Businesses. Thu, 19 August 2021, 13:00 – 14:00. Discuss how the pandemic has fuelled innovation among SMBs – and how you can innovate your business to ensure it is set to thrive in the new world.
Useful article from the FSB on the Recovery Loan Scheme. Provides information on how the Recovery Loan Scheme works, what’s involved, and how they’ve made the application process easier for FSB members. The scheme aims to give small businesses affected by COVID-19 financial support of between £1,000 and £10 million for any legitimate business purpose, such as cash flow, investment, and growth. Deadline: 31 December 2021.
Useful links from BEIS (Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy):
- Latest BEIS news and announcements
- Coronavirus: latest guidance for England. See specific guidance for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Support for businesses and self-employed people during coronavirus
- See all coronavirus guidance on GOV.UK
- Use the Brexit checker to get a personalised list of actions for you, your business and your family
- Follow BEIS on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
And finally – quick links:
- RBKC Portobello Business Centre. Provides one to one support for RBKC resident-entrepreneurs and businesses. www.pbc.co.uk for webchat. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: +44 (0)20 7460 5050. Also on Twitter
- RBKC Pavement licences. Register via the Council website.
- RBKC Hospitality business helpline is 020 7361 2161. Open Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm for help with matters directly related to re-opening. Please leave a message.
- RBKC’s e-newsletter. Get alerts to latest support including grants, subscribe to Business Matters here. Also follow us on Twitter.
- RBKC One Place for Business. Links you to all the business information pages on our website, including Covid19 support for businesses
- London Business Hub. Advice for London based businesses. www.businesshub.london with an EU Post-Transition Business Resource Hub. Also on Twitter
- Business Membership Organisations and Trade Associations. Providing coronavirus-related support for specific sectors e.g. Arts, Architecture, Aviation and many more. See list here.
- Greater London Authority. Crowdfund for your small business with Pay it Forward
- UK Government Business Support. Enquiries@businesssupporthelplline.org. Tel: 08009981098. https://www.gov.uk/business-support-helpline . Also on Twitter.
- UK Government Financial Support. Use the checker tool to find out what coronavirus financial support is available for you or see a list of financial support measures for businesses. The Recovery Loan Scheme loans varying in size from £25,000, up to a maximum of £10 million.