Position: Non-Executive Director – Fundraising Expertise
Location: West London
Commencement: October 2023
Portobello Business Centre (PBC) is a nationally recognised not-for-profit social enterprise dedicated to supporting people in West London to start up, grow and expand their businesses. We achieve this through the provision of affordable, high quality, independent and confidential support in the form of training courses, seminars, workshops, business consultancy, one-to-one advice and networking opportunities across London.
PBC has been instrumental at the start of major businesses such as Innocent Drinks, Charlie Bigham’s and Karen Millen and has played a leading role in supporting over 80 businesses directly affected by the Grenfell Tower tragedy. In fact, since our foundation in the 1990s, we have supported close to15,000 customers across a multitude of business sectors.
Our offices are based in the newly refurbished Morley College North Kensington Centre for Skills, providing vital links with both the adult education sector and local businesses we serve on the Portobello Road and Golborne Road.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to join our Board of Directors as a Non-Executive Director with fundraising expertise. You will play a crucial role in shaping our fundraising strategy, ensuring financial sustainability, and supporting the growth of our impactful entrepreneurial programs. Your expertise and insights will be instrumental in securing funding to drive our social initiatives and expand our reach, so that we can invest more back into the local West London business community.
- Fundraising Strategy: Collaborate with the Board and executive team to develop a comprehensive fundraising strategy aligned with our organisation’s mission and long-term goals.
- Donor Engagement: Provide guidance with identifying potential individual and institutional donors and supporting the cultivation of strong relationships and promoting a culture of philanthropy and support for our cause.
- Grant Writing and Proposals: Provide guidance on the development of persuasive grant proposals and funding applications.
- Financial Oversight: Provide guidance on financial matters related to fundraising, ensuring transparency, accountability and compliance with relevant regulations and policies.
- Board Contributions: Participate actively in Board meetings, sharing your fundraising insights and contributing to strategic decision-making to advance the organisation’s overall mission and impact.
- Fundraising Compliance: Stay updated with fundraising regulations and best practices, ensuring the organisation adheres to ethical fundraising standards.
- Proven track record of success in fundraising for non-profit organisations, with demonstrable achievements in securing grants, donations and major gifts.
- Knowledge of various fundraising techniques and strategies, including individual giving, corporate partnerships, events and grant writing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with donors, sponsors and stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker with a passion for social impact and sustainability.
- Familiarity with the non-profit sector and understanding of the challenges and opportunities within the social enterprise landscape.
- Commitment to our organisation’s mission and values, aligning personal expertise with our social objectives.
- Availability to attend regular Board meetings and participate actively in Board discussions.
- Previous experience as a non-executive director or board member is desirable but not mandatory.
Join us in making a meaningful difference to the community we serve.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing your fundraising expertise and motivation to contribute to our organisation’s mission of supporting people in West London to start up, grow and expand their businesses.
Application Deadline: 29th September 2023
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org