Portobello Business Centre is looking to appoint a Marketing Communications Coordinator with Digital and Marketing Responsibilities.
An exciting position has become available to join a small, vibrant, friendly creative team who are dedicated to providing professional business services with a holistic approach to the community. PBC is a not for profit enterprise agency that has been supporting enterprise in Kensington & Chelsea and the London area for over 25 years.
PBC’s Mission Statement
‘To be a leading provider of world class training, events, counselling and consultancy services through listening and responding to the needs of our customers. To assist start-up and growing businesses realise their potential through high quality, independent and confidential advice delivered by an innovative and professional team.’
We are looking to appoint someone who has an excellent understanding and experience of Marketing Communications & Digital Media. This role presents an exciting opportunity to be working as part of a dynamic team within a high profile organisation.
We support all aspects of the self-employment role from new business start up to micro businesses support. As the Marketing Communications Coordinator, a key element of the role will be to organise and facilitate training and events programmes whilst also driving the marketing campaigns for these events largely using online digital platforms.This maternity cover role will work closely with our Marketing and Communications Manager for the first 4 months to be fully conversant with our social media and website platforms prior to her maternity leave.As our organisation develops there is scope for the role to be extended beyond this contract period.
Reporting to the Chief Executive you will play a central role within the team.
Key areas of responsibilities will include marketing all events and services provided by PBC using mainly online digital media platforms.You will lead on all digital communications and administer our social media accounts and those of our consortium Business for London. You will organise and co-ordinate all our training activity and events.You will provide specific reports and statistics to funders on our activities and results.You will co-ordinate large scale events and exhibitions and maintain and improve administrative systems to process and monitor all activities across the business.
Your role will require you to;
- Work with the CEO and Board members to create and maintain a communications plan to provide an overview of all social media and digital communications activity whilst maintaining brand and message consistency across digital media initiatives.
- Be responsible for the PBC website (WordPress) and regularly check accessibility content and links, report any major issues to the Website Support contractor.
- Regularly upload content to the PBC website including news, new events, create content and training courses.
- Review the navigation and content of the website quarterly, checking that it is accessible and the content relevant – make recommendations where appropriate.
- Work closely with colleagues across the organisation to ensure website content is up to date and consistent with key messaging and tone.
- Working to ensure the website content is kept updated and relevant.
- Regularly compile relevant business information to be included in the PBC newsletter, co-ordinate with colleagues across the organisation to produce monthly e-newsletters and, when required, hard copies.
- Use the PBC database system to mine new newsletter subscribers and to create reports on data of activity.Presenting the data in an easy to understand and clear format.
Marketing and Social Media
- Administer the social media channels for PBC and Business for London, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter communications and specific marketing projects.
- Ensure all images are appropriate and copyright free.
- Work closely with the business advisers to deliver appropriate advertising and communications for our client market.
- Produce promotional material including visitor literature, newsletters, flyers, posters and banners. Liaise with designers and printers when required.
- Obtain occasional quotes from suppliers for the purchase of advertisements and print materials. Keep a record of, and monitor all marketing activity and spend.
- Record and monitor all press activity from sources available to our client.
- Film and edit video material for promotional use on our website, social media or for funders.
Training Courses and Events
Coordinate all training and events, including:
- Liaising with trainers and scheduling dates and times
- Developing new programmes
- Sourcing and introducing new trainers
- Facilitating training programmes and business networking events.
- Provide specific reports and statistics to funders on our activities and results.
Administration and other Duties
- Project Manage funded contracts in particular those with training courses which includes report writing and providing statistics to funders.
- Provide general administrative support to the team in relation to events and training courses.
- Engage fully in regular meetings and attend meetings outside the organisation considered relevant or beneficial to the role.
- Provide cover and support to the receptionist when required (holiday and/or sickness).
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years proven experience working within a busy and proactive marketing communications team, and be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of current marketing techniques, in particular digital media.
You should also be able to demonstrate experience in communications, marketing and media and have an understanding of the third sector and/or social enterprise preferably in the Not for Profit, charitable or enterprise sectors.
You should be a highly effective administrator with experience in organising events and/or training courses.
To join our team this role would be suited to someone who can demonstrate (listed in no particular order):
- Experience in digital media marketing (essential).
- A qualification in digital media marketing (desirable/advantageous).
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with competing deadlines (essential).
- Be comfortable speaking in front of a group of people.
- Be comfortable in front of a camera in Zoom events.
- Be passionate about the marketing industry and its best practices with an interest in social media.
- Be fully conversant with key social media tools (e.g.Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn), online platform (WordPress, Mailchimp, Canva and similar) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience of writing for either press, websites or newsletters.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven written & verbal communication skills ideally with good proof reading skills and attention to detail.
- Report writing skills.
- Good level of computer literacy, social media and website analytics.
- Previous experience using any creative design software would be an advantage.
- Ability to use own initiative to identify new areas of opportunity.
- Be an effective and well organised administrator.
- Be a team player.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in a busy office environment.
- Ability to work both from the office and autonomously working remotely at home during CV-19 pandemic.
- Demonstrable understanding and commitment to Diversity & Inclusion.
Term: – Maternity Cover 18-month Contract – 35 Hours per week. We hope to have 4 months’ overlap with our current Digital Marketing Manager prior to her maternity leave.
Holiday: – 28 days plus bank holidays
Benefits. A contributory pension scheme.
CLOSING DATE – Monday 28th Sept 2020 @ 5.30PM
INTERVIEWS will be held between Thursday 8th – Weds 14th October 2020
START DATE – as soon as possible
Application is via CV and covering letter sent to our HR Manager Jenni Henry at email@example.com