This position is part of the RBKC Quickstart Scheme and the duration is 6 months.
Applicants need to be a resident of RBKC and must be aged 18 – 30
Portobello Business Centre (PBC) is an independent social enterprise that operates as a not-for-profit organisation. Founded in the late 1980s, our mission is to help people in the local West London community to start up, grow and expand their businesses, assisting them to realise their full potential in the process. We do this through the provision of affordable, high quality, independent and confidential support in the form of training courses, seminars, workshops, business consultancy, one-to-one advice and networking opportunities.
Nationally recognised as a leading provider of professional enterprise services, PBC has fostered the emergence of thousands of SMEs in a multitude of business sectors. We have an impressive track record of achievement having supported over 5,000 businesses over the past 25 years, with more than 13,000 customers having utilised our services. Though our focus is on micro and small business within the local community, the organisation has been instrumental at the start of major businesses such as Innocent Drinks, Charlie Bigham’s and Karen Millen. PBC has also played a leading role in supporting over 80 businesses directly affected by the Grenfell Tower tragedy.
PBC is supported by 8 Non-Executive Directors working on a voluntary basis whose vision is to become the leading provider in London of high-quality training, business advice and consultancy services to the start-up and small business community. PBC finances are in a stable position with projections for a sustainable level of income over the coming three years.
Work with the Marketing Communications Manager to develop, support and generate marketing, social media and digital communications activity for PBC.
Administer the social media channels for PBC including Business for London, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter communications.
Experience & Knowledge
- Demonstrable experience of communications, marketing and digital media.
- Experience of key social media tools (e.g. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn), and online platforms (e.g. WordPress, Mailchimp) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Familiar with YouTube editor.
- Experience of using Canva or similar design platforms.
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work effectively on own initiative and within a team environment.
- Strong communication skills – able to influence and communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent copywriting and proofing skills for print and online campaigns.
- A creative mind-set with ability to generate ideas and identify new areas of opportunity.
- Adaptable to a multi-tasking environment with competing deadlines.
- Passionate about the marketing industry and its best practices.
Location: London W10 5AA
Hours: Part time 25 hours. Monday – Friday, 10am – 4pm
Reports to: Marketing Communications Manager
Applicants should forward a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 20th June 2022.